No products in the basket.
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
FRESH BOER GOAT, WILD BOAR, VENISON, ARCTIC CHAR, FREE-RUN DUCK & MUTTON
JUST LIKE THEIR WILD ANCESTORS, CATS REQUIRE A DIET OF WHOLE MEATS WITH SMALLER AMOUNTS OF FRUITS AND GRASSES.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN nourishes all cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of meats are specially prepared at 90°C from fresh meats to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats (including muscle meat, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
- Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
Available sizes: 340g / 1.8kg / 5.4kg
IS YOUR CAT’S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much?
- 85% meat inclusions.
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
- All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Fresh?
- 2/3 Fresh or Raw, 1/3 Dehydrated or Dried.
- 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How Many?
- 8 different animals in WholePrey™ ratios.
- A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENT — ZINC, COPPER & CHOLINE
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh goat (5%), fresh wild boar (5%), fresh venison (5%), fresh arctic char (5%), fresh duck (5%), fresh mutton (4%), fresh steelhead trout (4%), fresh duck liver (4%), fresh wild boar liver (4%), fresh wild boar kidney (4%), mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole pilchard (4%), lamb (dehydrated, 4%), mutton dehydrated, 4%), alaskan cod meal (dehydrated, 4%), blue whiting (dehydrated, 4%), duck fat (4%), herring (dehydrated, 4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, lentil fiber, fresh mutton tripe (1.5%), herring oil (1%), fresh goat heart (1%), fresh goat kidney (1%), fresh goat liver (0.5%), fresh venison heart (0.5%), fresh venison liver (0.5%), fresh mutton liver (0.5%) , fresh wild boar heart (0.5%), whole navy beans, goat liver (freeze-dried), venison liver (freeze-dried), whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, whole zucchini, whole parsnips, carrots, whole apples, whole bartlett pears, kale, spinach greens, beet greens, turnip greens, dried brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg; Choline chloride: 1200 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Although they may look different, your cat shares her DNA and eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wild cat, which means she’s adapted for a diet rich and varied in meat — not high-glycemic carbohydrates and grains.
|Crude protein (min.)||44 %|
|Fat content (min.)||15 %|
|Crude ash (min.)||10 %|
|Crude fibers (max.)||6 %|
|Moisture (max.)||10 %|
|Calcium (min.)||1.4 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||1.1 %|
|Magnesium (min.)||0.1 %|
|Taurine (min.)||0.2 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2.4 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||1 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.3 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.2 %|
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Fit & Trim distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 3710 kcal/kg (445 kcal per 250ml/130g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 47% from protein, 16% from vegetables and fruits, and 36% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 85% red meats and fish (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of red meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats are prepared from fresh meats deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Tundra features a rich diversity of fresh red meats and fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh Boer Goat from Alberta Ranches
- Wild Boar from Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Venison from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Arctic Char from cold Yukon waters
- Free-Run Duck from Ontario farms
- Ranch-Raised Mutton from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Steelhead Trout from Ontario Lakes
- Whole Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates yet conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Tundra is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.